Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Cattle train overturned

Ah we are stuck I. The middle of know where.. Mr Balera
just came around to tell us that there was a cattle train that overturned 25 KM ahead. We could be stuck for 6 plus hours. I have a feeling that they do not have a crane just kicking around either to move the train. So I passed the time handing out more toys.


In the book it said broken, warn out, faded glory. It said that there are often break downs and delays. Haha I wanted to see rural Kenya now I have it! No complaint at all. I like the fact life is simple and why get your knickers in a bunch. This was meant to be my only challenge is my electronics are low on power and so is my camera.

Off for a walk.
Met some great new friends. First my companions Charles who is from Nairobi and his partner jen from brighton England. Charles was great as he knew the language and he suggested we stay on the train. Most of the muzungu left on a very over priced taxis. Sure enough 20 minutes later the train started to surge and off we went to the next station. We then walked to the road. Charles Jen and myself got a trip in a van all the way to Mombasa for 100 ksh Everyone else paid 1500 plus. Rule of the road is always follow the locals.


And my other friends Jasper from Denmark and his fiancé Moi from japan. They are now living in Kenya and moi works for the UN food program in Somalia. The people I have met Kenyan or western counties have all been top drawer. Travel is the people,places , food and adventure. Feels like I have been here a month and I got here at 730 am on the third of feb.




Location:50 KM west of Mombasa

No comments:

Post a Comment