Tuesday, March 8, 2011

East africa bliss comes to an end.

From the start of the trip with the Ndome / Njihia family of the rift valley I knew this would be great. From milking a cow ( observing the milking of the cow). To a train across to mombasa that had a cattle car derail. A mansion for backpackers, being stuck without money on an exotic island where the largest danger was to be run over by a donkey.
Mutatus to daladalas. Being squished into all and any transportation. Getting sick for 48 hours only 60 feet from the beach. Feeding monkey bananas , and wandering the fish market of Dar ES Salaam. Even was pick pocketed while walking past a bus stop. Was quite creative and did not at all bother me to loose the 7000 tsh I had in my pocket. Meeting wonderful local and foreign friends. Taking a dive in the Indian ocean.off Mafia island. Boat, bus, train. A motorbike around zanzabar. Car ,taxi ,mini vans ,walking , hiking. The homes made of red dirt and stick. Bartering for pretty much everything. The king of the jungle to the the queens of the homes. This has everything.

This is africa.

YouTube Video




My African family



The pre school who loved the toys. Hi Elvis.


Looking for toys or candy from the other travelers. Really enjoyed handing out the toys to the kids thank you again friends that contributed. The kids all loved them.


My first African monkey call something babies.









Local shipping company


Backpackers with style $ 2000 us a month for rent.


My lovely friends in Mombasa


The backstreets of the old city


A ferry boat to Lamu island

YouTube Video

A skilled fish monger.


Steven my guide and friend of lamu


Local union 101 shop Steward taking his required break.





The day trip .. Lovely


Lunch on the beach with the catch





Zanzibar football hopefuls





Seeing the island on your own speed.


Dala should die but won't


About to dive off into mafia islands clear blue waters


Smiles abound


Germans, Germans, Germans, oh and a Dutch boy.


Woman here carry everything. You have to have a healthy respect really.


The falls of kilimenjero











Pack of the ladies.





The baby stays very close to her mother.





The king is here








The night in Nairobi it is always alive.



Agnes on the right with Maggie on her right. They both stayed with my mother in Manitoba ad again was my host for when I returned to Nairobi. It is such a wonderful feeling to be greeted when you a in a far off land. Thank you again my Kenyan sister. Hope the matatu ride home was UN eventful.

THANK YOU ALL FOR TAKING THE TIME TO READ MY BLOG. I HOPE YOU ENJOYED COMING WITH ME ON THE TRIP. THANK YOU TO FOR THE COMMENTS.


CHEERS
JAY

Location:East africa, Kenya, Tanzania

4 comments:

  1. Jay! Your last posted photos are looking great. I can hardly wait to see you and hear more about your trip...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome Jay, looking forward to seeing you very soon...oh there's the doorbell ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You ass - returned and left for twin peaks without dropping in.
    I don't feel the love...

    ReplyDelete
  4. But I still love you Jay :-)
    Mom

    ReplyDelete