Sunday, February 13, 2011

The pool boy

Today I decided to take on the pool bob gave me his blessing. It turned out the pump and filter were off. When I checked the pool chemicals there was no chlorine at all!!!! the PH was out of control.
So after some cleaning and purging the filter. water started to flow. One of the staff started the vacuum it out and we mixed the chlorine. Tested pool and it was dead on. Only challenge now was the algae bloom that had formed over the last 4 days. I asked bob to pick me up me up the algae killer so I can fix it on my way back through. I have to say bob is a interesting but strange creature. He greets everyone and then returns to drinking by late night he has insulted at least three people and has completely lost track of how much he has had to drink.. You will find him asleep in random places. He actually takes pride in not knowing anything about hotels or even mechanics. When I went to show him how to mange the pool he grinned and said it was a waste as he will never retain it.. Then again he had been drinking since 10 am so that was a fair statement. It is a must place to go when in Mombasa. It's like a east africa faulty towers without Cybele. I think when I return on Tuesday they may be out of water. Hah

For those that know me well you may not have been surprised. I was so happy to fix the pool.




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Nyali Mombasa

No comments:

Post a Comment