Monday, February 7, 2011

3 million people.

Made it back to Nairobi

Where to start. On the drive down we had three children on the bus. I reached into my bag and pulled out three hot wheels cars. It was a hit and after the one boy and his mother left the van he stood smiling and waved as we drove away. We arrived in Downtown Nairobi Mike told me that this was good it was a Sunday so it was quiet. The roads were packed with people, busses cars and hawkers selling their bits and bobs. Tomorrow should be interesting.


We wound way through the streets. One van Backed up towards us I gave him a bang on the back of the van. Ha ha well that means "stop or you will hit us" at home. Apparently here it means a person may dent your van so keep going.
We made it to the hotel they had suggested. I like them simple and a bit dodgy. It was the mercury hotel 1200 kSh a night just over $18 US. A bed over the street

It was a locals hotel. No spa or pool. We went to look at the room it did have a bathroom with water cold but really it is 35 C out fine with me. Now the street is louder in the room than outside. I have actually recorded it. Just missed the Internet cafe it closed just before I got there.
At 8 am I will head to the railway station to purchase my ticket. The more people tell me the train is terrible the more I want to take it!
The bangs and clanks of the rail the smell of diesel. Rattling windows and odd but interesting people. How could that not be amazing!

Well I will start to post in the morning. The train leaves at 7 pm tomorrow night the only disappointment. I was hoping to see the land as we I travel.

No comments:

Post a Comment