Monday, February 7, 2011

The only train museum in all of africa

Had a lovely warm bath in my room 6 am Staring up at the paint peeling off the ceiling the sounds of busses and hawkers yelling and banging outside the window. So happy I brought my shure noise reducing headphone.
Had a lovely breakfast that was included with the room. Set off to the railway museum but not before I picked up my ticket to Mombasa. Had a lovely chat with the woman at the train station. I it leaves at 7pm tonight





Bit of luck I was the only person at the museum and had the pleasure of a guided tour from the curator of the museum. We walked amounts the aging trains. One was in the film out of africa now sadly no longer working. All the other trains were powered by oil with some in I'll repair.





I was able to board the trains with no restrictions but not to use the toilets ;)

Walking in Nairobi is actually quite fun but you must watch the cars the people and your feet at the same time.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Nairobi Kenya

No comments:

Post a Comment