Saturday, February 19, 2011

It's a small world after all

After riding the bus for 9 hours from Mombasa was more like a roller coaster. Opting for the real experience. I sat in the suicide seat the very front with the view of all oncoming traffic.
2 hours before arriving the rain started to fall. The first rain since arriving 17 days ago. The bus arrived and now off to find a hotel. After withdrawing some funds 4000000 tzs equivalent to 300 US. Crossing a street I a tall see a man with Blonde hair. Well it turns out to be my new friend Bernd From holland who was staying at stilts .He was with his friend mike from Portsmouth England. Bit of luck they were kind enough to walk me back to there hotel and I got a room. I had not eaten since 7 am. we went to an authentic Tanzanian BBQ.


Fair to mention that they do grow loads of veggies here but they do not seem to serve them in restaurants . Now what goes best with a BBQ. Yes beer. Well this is a city with over 70 percent Muslims so beer was a challenge. Thank you for the chinese. Every country has them and they are the happy souls that supply the lovely brews. Actually we had 3 Tanzanian beers and the Kenyan tusker.


The night was complete. 11 pm and off to bed.
On a side note the lonely planet book states of touts and con artists ar all over Dar even says be careful. Well this was the one City I have truly had no worries at all. People were very polite and welcoming. Do not always believe what you hear. It's still only one person opinion.
But always keep on your toes.




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Dar ES Salaam , Tanzania

1 comment:

  1. The man from Portsmouth, were you able to touch base with him on any of the places and people that you knew when you lived there many moons ago, I am sure he did not know your relatives as they are a mite older? :-(
    See that you are having a great time although I could do with not knowing about the motorbike!!! When you left me the message the other day you must have missed me by moments as the time you phoned was the time I came home :-( The first time you phoned was about 10:30 my time and that was perfect; just a hint :-)
    Take care and stay safe
    Love Mom

    ReplyDelete